Due to an expanding range of projects, this Guildford studio is seeking talented design-led and technically-orientated architects to join their professional and dynamic team.
Skills and Experience
- An understanding of the design process and ability to manage / deliver this from concept to completion.
- Ability to translate concept into detail design and understand how to identify and design key details.
- Ability to demonstrate technical expertise for project demands.
- Consistency and accuracy.
- An understanding how to detail for compliance requirements e.g. building regulations.
- An understanding of the extent of detail required in different contractual situations and experience of various forms of building contract (D&B, CM, Traditional).
- Working knowledge of UK Building Systems, Regulations and construction types.
- Working knowledge of town planning procedures.
- High level of CAD skills, preferably Revit although training will be provided.
- Ability to use NBS Building and NBS Create efficiently.
- Highly computer literate, skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and visual using software and hand drawing skills.
- Project co-ordination and ability to assist with managing resources and people effectively.
- Ability to liaise with other disciplines/team members.
- RIBA, ARB or equivalent registered architect with experience of working within the UK Building Regulations.
- Experience of working within a range of different sectors.
- Experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and efficient with attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Positive and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Strong team player who can work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent time management.