Job opportunity as a Technical Coordinator in Milton Keynes for a large UK Residential Development Company.
Your new company
An exciting job opportunity to become Technical Coordinator for a substantial residential development company within the South of England. Based in Milton Keynes you will be producing accurate working drawing packages to enable any given residential development to be built and as intended and to obtain all necessary technical approvals.
Your new role
Produce accurate working drawing packages to enable any given residential development to be built and as intended and to obtain all necessary technical approvals.
* Produce variant house type drawing packages and liaise with key suppliers to provide ancillary drawing information.
* Produce block plans, sections and elevations.
* Produce detail information where not already available.
* Co-ordinate the accuracy of information supplied by all departments to ensure no discrepancies.
* Submission of all information to NHBC and obtaining approval of same, obtaining SAP Assessments together with PEA' and EPC's, Secured by Design Approval, Code for Sustainable Homes and Robust Standard Details.
* Obtaining and collating all ancillary specialist drawings including hot water supply, heating, kitchen, stair, wardrobes, lintels, p.c. ground floors, and precast upper floors.
* Attending Pre-Start Meetings and briefing all departments on matters related to the working drawings.
* Co-ordinate information and liaise with in house architects, civil and structural engineers and landscape architects.
* Prepare all drawings and documents for printing for Pre-Start Meetings.
* Manage site as agreed with the Technical Manager from design stage to post completion.
* Attend departmental meetings as required.
* Ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed of key departmental developments.
What you'll need to succeed
* 2 A levels or equivalent in Art, Science, Maths, Design or related subject, or,
* BTEC HND/HNC in Design or Construction or relevant experience in a similar role with a residential developer relevant experience
* At least 12 months experience working within a residential house builder
* In-depth knowledge of CAD Special skills or knowledge
* Strong mathematical ability
* Draw freehand and have an accurate eye for detail
* Visualise objects in three dimensions
* Be practical and methodical with good analytical skills
* Be able to design and interpret the designs and technical demands of others Interpersonal skills and attitude
* Able to work under pressure, and accept criticism of work
* Be able to work effectively in a team
* Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.