This job is no longer available
Our client is a main contractor requiring no introduction. With projects in the Retail, Education, Public, Commercial and Residential sectors this is a profile Design Manager opportunity with a premier contractor. Together we are actively looking for an experienced Design Manager to work on multiple schemes each up to £5m in value.
Typical projects will include fit out, refurbishment & small new build projects. Working as part of a at their office you will be involved in all aspects of project design reporting into a Design Director.
- Regular client liaison, chairing meetings with reps and ensuring all client enquiries are dealt with.
- Chairing design team meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEM etc.
- Lead the Design team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule and cost.
- Sales meetings with client in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforce rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Lead the design team in the preparation of conceptual drawings.
- Prepare and present the presentation and perspectives of board
- Lead and assist the design team in the preparation and checking of detailed shop drawing in ACAD.
- Lead and assist the design team in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and specification literature.
- Present the project design and quotation to client and ensure order conversion.
- Ensure that the design team coordinate and follow-up with client prior and during project execution.
- Ensure that the design team coordinate and follow-up with estimation, coordination, and site installation managers.
- Attend site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensure that the design team maintain and up-date drawing and sample transmittal records.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
- BSc in Construction Management or similar.
- 5 years+ Construction Design experience.
- Design Manager experience working for a top 20 Main contractor
Our client offers industry leading project work, career development and packages. If you are interested in this vacancy e-mail your CV to George Cumersdale at the e-mail address: email@example.com.