This job is no longer available
Excellent Salary + 10% Bonus
Our client a world leader in their field require a highly skilled and articulate Development Manager with a solid technical background and hands on approach. To be successful you should be able to demonstrate excellent skills in Agile, Microsoft, .NET Frameworks, WCF, SQL Server, and ideally LAMP stack.
Reporting to the Head of Development UK, the Development Manager will be capable of working as part of a fast paced development team within a large enterprising business. The role will involve working with globally distributed development and project management teams to provide technical direction for a range of mission critical projects. Whilst there will be little to no hands on coding, a strong technical background is mandatory.
The development manager is responsible for:
- Working with the project management function on requirements gathering and documentation.
- Scheduling of work within the development teams to ensure timely and on budget delivery of web development projects.
- Ensuring accurate weekly and monthly reporting of costs and progress of projects.
- Ensuring any solutions implemented meet coding, architecture and security standards.
- Working closely with our offshore development function to ensure shared methodologies and seamless integration.
- Proven exposure to handing offshore resource & development teams, along with multiple direct reports
- Exposure to current Microsoft technologies (all .NET Frameworks, WCF, SQL Server, etc.).
- Knowledge of LAMP stack would be beneficial.
- Proven knowledge of NoSql, Semantic, MarkLogic, SiteCore or similar
- Good communication skills with non technical staff.
- Skilled in agile development methodologies and working closely with project management teams.
Suitable candidates will have a proven background within Media or Digital environments, or within the Financial sector