This job is no longer available
IT Project Manager, Belfast for large international Consulting Group of 2,000+ people specialising in management and IT consulting, technology and innovation. A superb opportunity to get yourself into a leading Consultancy where, once you have proven yourself in this role, the career opportunities are unlimited.
Appointed by major UK Government body to manage delivery of Foreign Investment, they also manage other specialist programmes dedicated to trade and investment. To support these managed services effectively they have a Shared Services team that provides administrative and back office support including information systems (IS) capability.
The IS team keeps a high level view of business requirement for IS and defines IS architecture to deliver required capability. They also manage delivery and implementation of new IS across the business. In addition they manage applications to fit with business requirements (changes), strategy and security requirements and work with Service Management to maintain single service interface for managing user access to IS applications. Technical environment includes - MS Dynamics, SharePoint, Reporting Services, .Net, and SQL.
In this role the IT Project Manager will manage Information Systems function within Shared Services, contributing to improvement of shared services function delivery and provide senior interface into shared services IS function. As IT Project Manager you will ensure that users are provided with effective IT tools for delivering trade and investment related services.
Your hands on knowledge of IS platform technologies and components of information systems architecture, complemented by proven team leadership and stakeholder relationship management should position you now as the Information Systems Lead to:
* Review and organise business requirements for IS into structure and appropriate work packages
* Identify and define IS architecture used for delivering new IS capabilities, manage delivery plan and external suppliers, advise senior stakeholders on when and how to deliver new IS capabilities into business, and implement with users
* Act as single point of contact for new functionality requirements and new capacity requirements
* Provide weekly and monthly activity reporting into shared services lead, also financial and performance reporting into head of finance and performance management
* Generate solutions to complex/conceptually abstract technical issues and to evaluate risk effectively
* Lead and manage IS team, including virtual team members
There are 4 core requirements for Project Manager:
* Manage small technical support team (3 technical staff) in Belfast to deliver IMIS service requirements - business critical systems / content knowledge / technical understanding / customer service orientation
* Manage internal customers (IST and programme managers) - key relationship skills, good interpersonal skills, etc
* Become key (technical) interface with Gov client (IT system side) - help shape / inform developing IT infrastructure
* Manage inevitable period of change happening over 18 months - IT Project Manager will need to take lead, be flexible and innovative and help to develop IT capability to support programme as a whole
* Further requirement of wider nature, is potential broader development (in circa six months' time when core business as usual' activities above are stabilised) to look at wider application of this resource (IMIS team) to support business development and operational opportunities from Belfast office - cllient will be looking for this candidate to play key role in shaping and leading this area
* IT Project Manager is key operational role in ensuring that business critical systems are operating in robust, resilient manner in changing, challenging and complex operating environment
* Ideal IT Project Manager characteristics - someone with potential, looking for next step up in career, 'go-getter', dynamic, 'hungry'
* As role is providing direct IT support team - IT Project Manager will need to have basic concepts of IT development, know how to fix something or advise - development / technical knowledge
NB: Where appropriate, there is scope (even preference) for someone with appropriate background (in IS) who demonstrates compelling combination of attitude and aptitude, as opposed to just 'time served'/experience.
This really is a key appointment, and an urgent requirement, so please get your CV to me ASAP!