This job is no longer available
89960 - Director of Infrastructure & Bridges
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Infrastructure & Bridges, based in the Home Counties.
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Director, to grow the Practice's infrastructure design capabilities in the highways, rail and land development sectors with specific responsibility for the growth and leadership of the Practice's existing bridge and civil engineering structures design, inspection and assessment teams
The role holder will take a strategic position on the south business group management board to help shape its development and drive forward its growth as well as strengthening our industry reputation for providing expertise and consultancy in these areas.
- Making a major contribution to both the regional and national business plans for infrastructure and to take make a significant contribution to their delivery
- Focus on Business Development activity to enhance and grow our infrastructure and bridges proposition working in particular with the existing bridges group
- Developing links and synergies with the existing infrastructure and structures design teams to promote integrated working
- Responsibility for the direction, mentoring, training and performance management of the Bridges group
- Overseeing significant projects from conceptual planning stage through to construction
- Providing lead point of client contact defining and managing client needs, defining project technical specifications, manages risk, costs, fees and commercial requirements and managing all deliverables to ensure client satisfaction and commercial and technical project success.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects within the Bridges group are completed in a timely and cost effective way and develop key learning points and communicate across the group and/or the wider company business
- Ensure all technical aspects of the Groups' project work are undertaken in accordance with the Practice's QMS, EMS and H&S procedures
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will be a Chartered/Fellow (MICE or MIStructE) with significant experience
- Excellent and demonstrable Business development capability
- Strong skills and experience of designing/assessment in both steel and concrete
- Excellent knowledge of Eurocodes and BS 5400
- Highly efficient strong capable leader who will have first class reporting and design skills.
- Will have substantial experience in the design of road and rail related structures including station works.
- Preferably experience of working across a broad range of clients including contractors, Network Rail, local authorities and private land developers.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 89960.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.