This job is no longer available
Space Syntax is looking to recruit a Project Leader to join its London-based consulting team and work on a major urban planning project in Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate will interface externally with the wider project and client teams and internally with the Space Syntax project and management teams. They will take the day-to-day lead of a team of consultants, analysing urban networks and systems, creating strategies, developing modelling techniques and being responsible for the delivery of key project outputs including illustrated reports and presentations.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to contribute to Space Syntax’s pioneering approach to urban analysis and strategic design, to take part in the wider debate on urban sustainability and to develop within the company.
This role demands:
- creative and flexible thinking in order to respond to changing project demands
- ability to understand and balance the contrasting needs of multiple stakeholders
- excellent written English, with strong presentation and communication skills
- availability to travel to Saudi Arabia to take part in design workshops and site visits
- strong spatial analysis skills
- good working knowledge of GIS software packages
- an open attitude to using new techniques and developing analytic methodologies.
The successful candidate will have a degree in a related field, such as Architecture, Planning, Geography or Economics and preferably a post-graduate qualification in Urban Design, Planning or Architecture. They will have a background in spatial analysis, ideally within the field of strategic urban design and/or planning. Candidates should also have practical experience of managing projects, leading small teams and liaising with a wider client/design team.
Awareness of Space Syntax analysis is desirable but not essential.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Please email your application, to include a covering letter, explaining why you are suited to this role and your CV by clicking on the "Apply now" link below, marking your e-mail ‘Project Leader Recruitment’.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday, 17th October 2012. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Friday, 26th October.