This job is no longer available
Our client is a main contractor requiring no introduction. With projects in the Retail, Education, Public, Commercial and Residential sectors this is a profile Design Manager opportunity with a premier contractor.
The first project the successful candidate will be working on a large new build commercial office block scheme in central London (circa £30m) the candidate will be site based and will have experience chairing design team meetings and providing value engineering solutions.
- Regular client liaison, chairing meetings with reps and ensuring all client enquiries are dealt with.
- Chairing design team meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEM etc.
- Lead the Design team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule and cost.
- Sales meetings with client in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforce rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Lead the design team in the preparation of conceptual drawings.
- Prepare and present the presentation and perspectives of board
- Lead and assist the design team in the preparation and checking of detailed shop drawing in ACAD.
- Lead and assist the design team in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and specification literature.
- Present the project design and quotation to client and ensure order conversion.
- Ensure that the design team coordinate and follow-up with client prior and during project execution.
- Ensure that the design team coordinate and follow-up with estimation, coordination, and site installation managers.
- Attend site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensure that the design team maintain and up-date drawing and sample transmittal records.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a construction related discipline.
- 5 years+ Construction Design experience.
- Design Manager experience working for UK based Main contractors.
Our client offers industry leading project work, career development and packages. If you are interested in this vacancy e-mail your CV to George Cumersdale at the e-mail address: email@example.com.