This job is no longer available
Planning Enforcement Officer
Due to organisational restructuring and an increase in workload, an opportunity has arisen within the planning enforcement team for our clients based in North London. As a result, they are looking to employ an Enforcement officer on a 3 month rolling contract basis. The job is based in a location that is well accessible through public transport and involves a good chance of contract extension after the initial period.
- As a successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Resolve planning applications and enforcement issues.
- Ensure that temporary planning permissions are monitored and ensure compliance notices are adhered to.
- Prepare plans and reports to be submitted to relevant Planning Committee.
- Negotiate with complainants and persons in breach of planning control, receive and investigate all complaints regarding alleged breaches of planning.
- Personally contact people in breach of planning regulations and determine the appropriate course of action on reported infringements.
- As a successful candidate, you will also possess the following attributes:
- Professionally qualified and RTPI eligible.
- Experienced and competent at dealing with processing applications and investigating enforcement cases within a busy environment.
- UK experience working within an urban local authority would be desirable.
- Experience in Development Management/Control enforcement work with emphasis on dealing with unauthorised developments, and securing compliance with planning conditions.
- Investigating and obtaining evidence while pursuing court proceedings.
- Competitive rate of pay
- Accessible location
- Based in a busy and expanding environment