Planning Policy Officer
An opportunity has arisen in a North London local authority for senior policy planners. The local authority is easily accessible with good transport links. The contract would initially be offered on a 3-month basis with the chance of extension and this could be an ideal opportunity.
- Developing planning policy guidance and provide policy advice arising from the local authority's responsibilities
- Carrying out work related to the preparation of Local Development Framework documents, including policy formulation and implementation
- To monitor the Council's plans and policies and produce reports as required
- To provide specialist, expert advice on planning policy issues
- To provide advice to the public individually and at organised public meetings on planning issues arising from the preparation of Local Development Documents and the work of the Strategic Planning and Projects Group.
A successful candidate will need the following attributes as a minimum:
- Be registered with the RTPI or at least be eligible
- Must be able to liaise effectively with other planning departments
- Must be confident carrying out public consultations
- Must be up to date with and confident compiling Local Development Framework (LDF) documents and contributions.
- Must be knowledgeable when dealing with Community Infrastructure Levy (C.I.L)
- Needs to be a strategic thinker who works on their own initiative as well as taking instruction from others.