This job is no longer available
Our client is a leading interiors contractor who specialise in drylining & external facades. Due to the continued success of their business plan they are looking for a Design Coordinator to ensure information systems within the Design Business Unit serve the purposes of the design team and others.
As Design Coordinator the candidate will be responsible for the conception and issuance of all design activities in line with outbound requirements for the production of interior and exterior elements in tendering and construction.
- Provide support in and preparing relevant technical information, including drawings, calculations, submissions, and other documents for presentation to clients, as directed by the Design Manager.
- Learn and use relevant computer applications where necessary, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Understanding and implementation of design information, following set procedures to ensure accurate auditable records are kept and turnaround times through third parties (main contractor and manufacturers) are properly managed.
- Awareness of quality control procedures and remain compliant with authorisation and approval processes both internally and externally.
- Develop an understanding and able to manage communication between Design and internal or external clients.
- This will include learning project management systems via extranet as provided by main contractor, i.e. Asite, 4Projects, and Aconex, etc.
- Possess an understanding and is able to carry out the sequencing of design activities in preparation and during a contract.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of construction drawings and technical terminology.
- Create a working knowledge of marketplace products and systems available; including industry standards, regulations, specifications, and codes of practices, etc.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of commercial awareness and working within design budgets, including project and product cost constraints, traceability of commercial variations and recovery of additional costs.
- Understand and adhere to departmental policies, practices, procedures and standards, whilst working in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Understand the tendering process and provide input and support to the Commercial team as appropriate.
- Assist in the management of internal systems for storage, reference and retrieval of design information.
- Produce drawings and related design information at tender stage, pre-start, and during construction on site, assessing on-site requirements during contracts as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with Project Managers & Contract Managers to ensure detailed design programmes and deliverables are developed for each project at the various stages, as appropriate.
- Assist the Commercial team on technical issues by providing specialist input into the tendering process.
- Actively communicates with the commercial team to ensure scope of work within budget and order.
- Lead a contract for design having learnt all systems, procedures and processes Learn systems and procedures within the department Learn product and systems from manufacturers.
- Engage in self development, as per company performance management and development framework.
- Adhere to Health and safety policies, according to Company procedures Uphold, safeguard and promote the values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, integrity, and corporate (social) responsibility.
- A relevant qualification or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience or training qualification in using CAD software
- Degree qualification in Construction or Design (desirable)
- Please note the successful candidate will be required on occasion to visit a site in Glasgow, although the majority of the position will be out of their West Sussex based office.
Our client is offering long term stable work for the right candidate, if you are suitably qualified and experienced forward your CV fao George Cumersdale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For similar positions see out website; www.uklgroup.com