This job is no longer available
Our client is a residential developer requiring no introduction, they currently have numerous live projects across the UK and require a Design Manager to work on a large London based development. This is a profile Design Manager opportunity with a premier developer.
The project the successful candidate will be working on is a large new build mixed use development on south bank of the river in central London, this is a 10 year development consisting of housing (luxury, private and affordable), retail & commercial space with leisure facilities.
Responsibilities as Design Manager include:
- Regular client liaison, chairing meetings with reps and ensuring all client enquiries are dealt with.
- Chairing design team meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEAM etc.
- Lead the Design team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule and cost.
- Sales meetings with client in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforce rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Lead the design team in the preparation of conceptual drawings.
- Prepare and present the presentation and perspectives of board
- Lead and assist the design team in the preparation and checking of detailed shop drawing in ACAD.
- Lead and assist the design team in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and specification literature.
- Present the project design and quotation to client and ensure order conversion.
- Ensure that the design team coordinate and follow-up with client prior and during project execution.
- Ensure that the design team coordinate and follow-up with estimation, coordination, and site installation managers.
- Attend site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensure that the design team maintain and up-date drawing and sample transmittal records.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
- Ideally from an architectural background, part one or part two
- Construction Design experience working for a developer / construction contractor
- Design Manager experience working in the London market on either luxury housing, mixed use schemes or hotels.
Our client offers industry leading project work, career development and packages. If you are interested in this vacancy e-mail your CV to George Cumersdale at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.