Design Manager (Refurbishment) - London
Our client is a leading UK refurbishment contractor who work across a wide range of sectors including luxury housing, commercial offices, grade listed buildings and museums. Due to a recent influx of new project work they require a Design Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
The Design Manager will have specific responsibility for the Management and coordination of the design element of various projects or just one depending on value. From tender enquiry to completion, they will define design scope / responsibility, whilst and identifying the Processes and systems / procedures required for the specific requirements of each individual project, thereafter monitoring compliance.
- Ensure adequate management of all internal and external resources to maximise the success of the project delivery requirements
- To act as the focal point for the companies design management and delivery
- To form systems and procedures for the ‘front end design briefing’ accompanying the Pre-Construction Director at tender stage to identify/qualify/and quantify the extent of their design requirements and offerings.
- To attend bid meeting to discuss/advise on all design related issues included within their bid
- To make periodic company related presentations with the Director of marketing
- Implement the successful administration of processes and procedures of the company in order that projects are delivered in compliance with all current and emerging legislation and standards, statute including the companies internal quality management systems
- Manage a team of internal design co-ordinators and/or external design coordinators / architects / engineers to the requirements of each specific project, thereafter through the design team ensuring the design is provided adequately but not to excess
- Ensure adequate resource are planned and implemented in line with the tender stage design briefing, thereafter liaison with the site Snr Project Manager to ensure that the design team are aligned to project programmes and design costs.
- Ensure that project specific design programmes are produced and managed.
- Ensure that you attend all relevant project handover meetings and site-specific design/progress meetings as directed by the Snr Project manager.
- Develop design initiatives to offer value engineering at during both the tender and build stage.
- Architectural background is preferable, degree qualified in the subject area is desirable
- Main contractor Design Management experience
- Experience working on refurbishment schemes (commercial / luxury houses / grade listed buildings preferred)
Our client has a strong project work flow and can offer both pre and post contract project work. To apply for this vacancy forward your CV to George Cumersdale at the email; email@example.com.