Design and Planning Executive - Maternity Cover
An immediate requirement in South Wales has arisen for a Design and Planning Executive to join an established and reputable UK organisation to cover a maternity leave for a period of 12 months.
The role reports directly into the Technical Director and provides support to the Technical Project Manager and the Technical Department on all matters relating to Planning and associated activities relating to obtaining a consent. The purpose of the role is to deliver the planning needs of the business, in a programmed, scheduled manner. You will be confident in providing sound planning guidance and advice to others and hold responsibility for ensuring applications are compliant with Planning Guidance and SPG's.
1. Preparation and submission of planning application's and viabilities:
- Layout Reviews
- Outlining planning obligations and advising on compliance.
- Providing support to TPM.
- Liaising with Planning Authority ahead of submission.
- Advising on Section 106 obligations and contributions.
2. Secure Planning Approval
- Negotiate with external consultants on layout, landscaping roads and sewers etc.
- Manage external consultants to ensure planning approval given and within timescales.
- Clearing of all planning conditions prior to commencement.
- Ensure external material conform to local requirements.
3. Secure Building Regulation Approval for Pre Start / Concept Meeting
- Prepare all drawings necessary for start on site, including site and landscaping layouts plus external works.
- Ensure all house drawings and details are available.
- Input into CDM.
- Input into health, safety and environmental check lists.
- Input into house type design forum.
- Management of Section 106 Register for planning obligations
- Responsible for all planning and development functions on a determined number of sites.
- Attend Concept and Pre Tender meetings assisting in planning queries
- Liaison with sales department in procurement of accurate sales presentation drawings.
- Understanding of Affordable Housing guidance, DQR / WHQS.
- Any other duties as required by Technical Director.
- Computer literate with knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Good understanding of the planning process (Inc ppg3) etc.
- Wide experience of planning and development within the housebuilding industry.
- Preferably membership of professional body (RICS etc).
- Business related qualification.