This job is no longer available
Our client is a driving firm in the infrastructure sector globally. They also do a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply.
- proven resource working within a secondment environment who can provide both expert advice and practical guidance on the effective design and implementation of a Health and Safety management system to BS OHAS 18001 and with due understanding of the Qatar Construction Specifications, QCS 2010, specifying a series of measures to ensure safety of construction workers. This role combines the responsibility for the effective establishment of the management system, calling for an independent but integrated and customer focussed approach.
1. To guide the development and implementation of an effective Health & Safety management system to internationally recognised standard (BS OHSAS 18001). At the heart of this role is a capacity building objective within the client organisation – leaving a lasting legacy.
2 Proactively and constructively support the championship of H&S at all levels in the client’s business (and other relevant internal / external stakeholders including government agencies), providing competent advice / guidance as required, ensuring the continued development and subsequent on-going maintenance of the evolving Business Management System.
3 Work with the existing client’s H&S Team to develop and sustain effective management and control procedures for all business activities within the client’s Operations and Maintenance business. To guide / carry out investigations where appropriate and report findings to the Management Team.
4. Work with the existing client’s H&S Team to develop, maintain, monitor and ensure implementation of client’s H&S Action plan including: agreeing remedial actions; identifying trends (including statistical analysis); contributing to SLAs, KPIs and providing data where necessary including provision of reports for the client’s Management Team.
5. Work with the existing client’s H&S Team to monitor and report on the H&S performance of contractors, leading H&S site escalation meetings and providing reports for the Management Team.
6 Support the wider initiatives within the client organisation for progressing successful development and implementation of effective Quality and Health & Safety management systems to internationally recognised standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001).
• Experience of developing and maintaining integrated business management systems.
• Thorough knowledge and practical understanding of health and safety legislation in Qatar.
• Thorough knowledge and practical understanding of BS OHSAS 18001 and of integrated systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001. Ideal candidates will also have a working knowledge of ISO 17025, 31000 and PAS55.
• Qualified Auditor against ISO standards.
• Thorough knowledge and practical understanding of continual improvement tools and techniques.
• Strong project management and organisational skills.