This job is no longer available
Planning Enforcement Officer
An opportunity has arisen within the planning enforcement team for our clients based in a local council based in West London . As a result, they are looking to recruit an Enforcement officer on a contractual basis. With a location that is well accessible through public transport as well as a good chance of contract extension after the initial period, this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
- As a successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Resolve planning applications and enforcement issues.
- Ensure that temporary planning permissions are monitored and ensure compliance notices are adhered to.
- Prepare plans and reports to be submitted to relevant Planning Committee.
- Negotiate with complainants and persons in breach of planning control, receive and investigate all complaints regarding alleged breaches of planning.
- Personally contact people in breach of planning regulations and determine the appropriate course of action on reported infringements.
- As a successful candidate, you will also possess the following attributes:
- Professionally qualified and RTPI eligible.
- Experienced and competent at dealing with processing applications and investigating enforcement cases within a busy environment.
- UK experience working within an urban local authority would be desirable.
- Experience in Development Management/Control enforcement work with emphasis on dealing with unauthorised developments, and securing compliance with planning conditions.
- Investigating and obtaining evidence while pursuing court proceedings.
- Competitive rate of pay
- Accessible location