This job is no longer available
Senior Planning Policy Officer
Due to recent change in personnel and an increase in workload, an opportunity has arisen within our clients based in a local council in Central London. As a result, they are looking to recruit a Senior Planning Policy Officer on a contractual basis. With a location that is well accessible through public transport as well as a good chance of contract extension after the initial period, this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
- As a successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation and review of local 'place plans' through analysis of policies, interventions, issues and data,
- Contribute to the preparation and review of the Council's planning policies, strategies, plans and evidence base
- Engage and consult with stakeholder groups across the Council to develop priorities and ownership of local plans.
- Provide specialist expertise on, lead and implement particular projects and elements of policy, plan development, analyse and define problems and develop solutions or recommendations.
- Present strategic information to a range of audiences through reports, briefings and presentations.
- As a successful candidate, you will also possess the following attributes:
- Professionally qualified and RTPI eligible.
- Have experience of strategic policy development and management/monitoring of innovative projects.
- Understanding of the development plan system and Council's regulatory roles.
- Establish and maintain constructive relationships with the respective stakeholders and be able to produce excellent reports and presentations.
- Competitive rate of pay
- Accessible location
- Based in a busy and expanding environment