This job is no longer available
Hays are working in conjunction with an International award winning, Architectural & design practice based in SW London to recruit a Bid Co- Ordinator. The client have been involved in the design of some of the worlds most iconic sporting arenas over the past 30 years and this trend is continuing.
Dimensions of the role
The role of the Bid / Studio Co-ordinator is to provide support to the Senior Principals and their teams. This is a key role within the office. He/she is expected to show initiative and deliver all tasks efficiently and with particular attention to detail. He/she must be prepared to adapt to evolving job demands and may be asked to undertake duties that may not be detailed in their job description, but which they may reasonably be expected to perform.
A high degree of flexibility, tact, enthusiasm and resourcefulness are required. Successful candidate must be able to work independently and as a team player.
The role will be broken down as below:
75% Bid Coordination
15% Travel and bookings
10% Reception cover ( 3 hours per week )
- Assisting with preparation of bid / competition documents
- Assisting senior staff with research and event planning
- + specific Comms responsibility: (delegations, visits), (hospitality), (data sheets, CVs), (conferences)
- Diary management for the Senior Principal
- Processing expenses claims for the Senior Principal
- Booking travel arrangements including transport, accommodation and visas
- Organisation of meetings and refreshments
- Preparing correspondence
- Liaising with clients, contractors and others by telephone and in person
- Document Control: logging, archiving and retrieval of documents/drawings
- Coordination of team's attendance and holiday schedule
- Assisting with reception duties when receptionist is absent
- Acting as Fire Marshal or First Aider, if required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Experience in a similar role (specific experience within the field of architecture, construction or engineering an advantage)
Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
Proficiency in a foreign language (written and verbal) Arabic
Ability to operate in a broad range of social settings and deal with difficult situations in a firm and polite manner
Ability to handle confidential information
Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and In Design)
Knowledge of a Document Control software package an advantage
If you would like to be considered for this role please click 'apply' to submit your CV or visit our website www.hays.co.uk