Design Engineer – Residential Housing
This job has now expired
We have a new opportunity for a Design Engineer working on residential housing projects throughout the UK.
Our client is a very successful, large residential developer which is based in the North of England. They have a network of regional offices throughout the UK. They have a very healthy order book and are on a continued growth trajectory which is the reason for the new vacancy.
- Advise Land Dept on Technical viability of new sites
- Assist in the production of layouts and technical report for Land Appraisals; and required working drawings
- Prepare outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals
- Brief and commission site investigations, topographical survey and other assessment reports on land acquired.
- Brief engineering consultants on scope of design
- Initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues when apprising land
- Manage initial technical submissions for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278)
- Issue engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales department
- Fee negotiation and appointment of consultants
- Obtain planning permissions and other statutory approvals e.g., S104 and S38 agreements.
- Answer Technical queries
- Prepare Sales and Legal information e.g. conveyance plans and M colours
- POS, S38, S104 adoptions
- Liaise with the Commercial team on Special Projects.
- In house Planning supervisors role
- At all times comply with comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- Enthusiastic approach with the ability to drive a project.
- Team player.
- Experience in the residential development market.
- Experience in Land and Design Engineering.
The successful Design Engineer will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working on residential development projects. You will have recent and relevant UK experience.
For further information apply with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org