Project Managers and Senior Site Agents – Civil Engineering
We have a number of new opportunities for Project Managers and Senior Site Agents to join a large civil engineering company with projects across the UK.
Our Client is one of the largest privately owned Civil Engineering Companies in the UK. They work across a number of sectors including groundworks, landscaping, external works, waste management, highways, commercial infrastructure, specialist small works, structures and residential infrastructure. They have several new projects on their books and they are on a continued growth trajectory, which is the reason for the new vacancy.
- Assist estimating department with method statements, programming and construction methods as and when requested.
- Assist the Contracts Manager with the production of the construction programme and materials take-offs.
- Manage production of method statements and risk assessments for Health & Safety Plan
- Manage planning and implementation of site set-up in accordance with CDM2007 and company procedures.
- Manage efficient mobilisation of resources to site including applying for road opening notices, road closures etc.
- Carry out monitoring and up-dating of construction programmes.
- Manage production, up-dating and issuing of risk assessments and method statements during currency of project.
- Liaise with statutory utility companies regarding diversions, location of existing mains and/or installation of new mains.
- Manage health, safety, quality and environmental issues on site in accordance with
CDM2007, current legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and Company policies.
- Interpretation and implementation of Company Management Systems – ISO 9001 Quality
- Management System; ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 18001
OHSAS Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
- Manage plant, labour and materials usage to minimise overuse, via reconciliations and good site control.
- Manage key time, quality, financial, environment and safety risks to success of project.
- Manage negotiation and procurement of day to day materials in accordance with company procedures, as agreed with Contracts Manager.
- Manage sub-contractor programme and quality performance via notices to start, instructions, non-conformance reports, etc.
- Manage quality of work on site to ensure compliance with specification.
- Represent company at progress meetings in a professional manager, including presenting progress reports and updated programmes.
- Manage recording of site records via Site Database system and provide information to
QS to produce cost/value reports.
- Liaise with QS to allow production of monthly valuations, keeping him/her informed of progress and additional works/delays.
- Manage recording and submission of as-built information, including surveys, test results,
CCTV surveys and video surveys.
- Manage materials/workmanship testing and submission to client
- Manage snagging/handover process to ensure no defects at completion
- Manage discipline/grievance of site staff and directly employed operatives on site in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain the H&S Plan throughout the contract and assist with the production of the H&S File.
- Endeavour to find ways to provide best practice and value engineering
- Experience of Roads, Drainage, Groundworks, Earthworks and Structures preferable.
- Preferably will have a Degree or equivalent qualification as a minimum but working knowledge and experience equally relevant.
- Extensive knowledge of NEC, ICE and JCT
- IT literate
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active problem solver
- Team Player
The successful Project Managers and Senior Site Agents will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of civil engineering projects and be able to efficiently manage safety, quality, cost, programme and performance on a large sized project or on a number of smaller projects You will have recent and relevant UK experience.
For information apply with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org