Senior Development Manager - Leading Developer
SSA are recruiting on behalf of a leading in London Developer who are involved in major developments in Central London and throughout the UK
The company due to expansion of its current management team is seeking to fill the following role
Senior Development Manager
Based in Central / East London and reporting the Development Director, a brief summary of the role is as follows….
Manage development from Brief Preparation through to planning approval, development of concept through the detailed design process, bringing the development to the market, delivery of project in consultation with construction departments or through main contractor procurement, disposal by way of unit sales, lettings and investment sales, and incremental handover to Estates and Asset Management teams as appropriate.
Summary of role
• All tasks to be carried out in consultation with and under the direction of the Developments Director
• Build project team from internal departments to ensure project can be managed effectively. Required resources to be agreed with relevant department directors.
• Develop, maintain, monitor and report against, detailed development appraisals and development cost plan, programmes and budgets
• Identify suitable candidates, shortlist, competitively procure and appoint all external consultants, having had regard for the views and opinions of other department directors where appropriate.
• Ensure the design of the development is progressively signed off by nominated internal design team at appropriate stages.
• Ensure Development Costs and Risks are accurately monitored and reported through development process.
• Monitor financial planning of development with project financial controller.
• Monitor Town Planning risks and negotiations with the group in consultation with planning team and consultants.
• Manage all negotiations with external stakeholders using relevant internal/external resources.
• Consult with commercial and/or residential departments to review sales and marketing strategy, tenant requirements, residential sales options etc.
• Ensure project appraisal is accurate and reflects current scheme. Changes in appraisal resulting from design changes should be monitored and reported.
• Co-ordinate project report for review at the group executive committee monthly meeting. This report should encapsulate all relevant information from respective departments.
• Monitor Project during Procurement and implementation phases to ensure aspirations are not lost in the transition from design.
• Ensure commercial tenants’ requirements are met and the interfaces are managed properly.
Determination of effectiveness:
• Development aspirations are met in cost effective and timely manner.
• Project team work together as cohesive unit.
• Efficient use of company resources.
• Effective communication between project team.
Broad knowledge base of the development business essential. Background in construction, consulting, town planning and/or surveying.
Skills and ability
Team building and management
Prioritisation and decision making
Maturity and professionalism
Round knowledge of development process.
Broad experiences of building types and development process.
Certain special experience may be required for specific projects.
Determination of effectiveness:
The profitability, implementation and management of projects in the context of market conditions.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading London based Developer with a substantial workload and portfolio of projects to deliver.
For further information with regard to the above role please contact Mike Lee
Ph:0203 137 5550