Buyer – Residential Projects
We have a new opportunity for Buyer for Residential projects based in North of England
Our client is a very successful, large main contractor which is based in North of England. They work across a number of sectors including education, social housing, leisure, healthcare and commercial. They have a very healthy order book and are on a continued growth curve which is the reason for the new vacancy.
- Under the direction of the Senior Buyer, specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Materials and Plant
- Maintaining the materials and plant ordering and logistic systems.
- Produce material procurement schedules from tender and contract issue drawings.
- Preparation/Issuing enquiries and placing orders for materials/plant requirements.
- Analysis of quotations.
- Entering orders and maintaining all key data on to the ‘COINS’ system.
- Site set up order package – Ensuring all standard orders are set up at contract award.
- Processing requisitions.
- Registering and monitoring of Considerate Constructors Scheme and hazardous waste registrations.
- Sourcing of new suppliers.
- Assisting accounts with invoice matching and resolution of invoice queries.
- Processing, monitoring and management of purchase card transactions including online updating.
- Support surveying/procurement department with status of orders.
- Purchase and hiring of plant and machinery.
- Creating and maintaining of CSV call off orders.
- Material specification advice.
- Assist with development of standard Contractors Proposals for residential schemes.
- Assisting bid managers with material package tender and analysis.
- Supplier management.
- Material take off and scheduling.
- Liaison with client and in house design teams regarding design detailing and solutions.
- Negotiating and implementing regional supply agreements.
- Reducing the amount of “spot market” purchasing.
- Correlating and monitoring of rebate claims.
- Ensuring that material lead times are monitored and controlled.
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and management of the regions waste management strategy.
- Reducing costs by standardising the materials specified and purchased.
- Monitoring and maintaining plant on hire records.
- Attending Project meetings as required including start up and close down.
- Ensure procedures/authorisations are adhered to.
- Explore streamlining opportunities in the Procurement process and procedures.
- Benchmark material and plant costs.
- Provide input to Board Reports.
- Carry out Value Engineering analysis to establish optimum solutions for material and/or subcontract packages.
- Maintaining of site asset register.
- General clerical functions both electronic and hard copy
- Implementing standard office procedures.
- Supporting customer care.
- Market intelligence – gathering information and sharing with Head of Procurement and other key functions.
- Proven technical knowhow and experience, with in-depth knowledge of residential construction methods and details.
- Proven ability to deliver change and generate sustainable value.
- Ability to engage with and influence key stakeholders.
- Conscientious, thorough, “right first time” mentality.
- Negotiation skills.
- Technical awareness.
- Objective and lateral thinker.
- Team player.
- Technical qualification in Building.
- Member of CIPS preferred.
- Working knowledge of Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Familiarity with current building regulations, legislation, site practices etc.
The successful Buyer will have a minimum of three years’ experience of working on Residential Projects. You will have recent and relevant UK experience and you must reside within a commutable distance of the North of England.
For further information apply with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org