A senior and key member of the Built Offsite team, the Commercial Manager shall be expected to manage and be fully responsible for projects from contract signature to final handover to the customer. The Commercial Manager shall be assigned projects by the Contracts Director, and shall be expected to deliver each one to the highest standard, through their own team of office and site staff. The Commercial Manager shall be responsible for all aspects of their assigned projects including, but not limited to:
- Health & Safety,
- project costing,
- contractual issues,
- detailed design,
- Quality Assurance, and
- customer satisfaction.
This role will involve managing a team to deliver projects to target in respect of time, cost and quality and the ideal candidate will be highly skilled in managing multiple facets of a project to ensure high quality delivery. This role will require high levels of discipline, organization and a proven ability to motivate others to deliver to their highest potential. Built Offsite is a busy and dynamic business which requires people to work independently and as part of a team to meet the requirements of the project and Company’s business aims.
The Commercial Manager will report to the Contracts Director on a regular basis reporting against KPIs and providing updates on staffing and resources.
The Commercial Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that their own team is well motivated through: target setting, appraisals, good man management etc.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE OUTLINE
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Significant experience of working on site, either through a trade background or Site Manager position or equivalent.
- Significant experience of managing different aspects of the construction process for example: detailed design, QS / costing exercises, contract negotiation, programming, resource planning, customer interface, QA, H&S.
- Experience of leading a team and delegating tasks / apportioning workload on a day to day basis.
- Experience of setting and working to KPIs.
- Well versed in various forms of contract, mainly JCT and NEC, whether it be through a Quantity Surveyor or Contracts Manager background, or through appropriate training.
- Good man management skills, the ability to motivate a team to deliver to the highest level of their ability and to the high standard required by Built Offsite.
- An innovative and creative thinker who can engineer their way around problems to deliver the best result possible to the customer.
Salary in the region of £45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
We are an equal opportunities employer and applications are welcome from all interested parties.
More jobs like this
- Heating and Ventilation Building Surveyor jobs in Staffordshire
- Heating and Ventilation Commercial Manager jobs in Staffordshire
- Heating and Ventilation Contracts Manager jobs in Staffordshire
- Heating and Ventilation Project Manager jobs in Staffordshire
- Heating and Ventilation Quantity Surveyor jobs in Staffordshire