This job is no longer available
Mid – Weight/ Senior Designer – Retail/ Branding – Permanent - £28-34k
A successful design company specialising in retail environments both temporary (such as window displays) and permanent (shop fit) have a position available for a Middleweight/ Senior Designer to join their workshops, producing most of the end-products the studio design. You will be versatile and boast skills across both 2-d graphic and 3-d environment design have some retail design experience and must be able to visualise their ideas. It would be beneficial if you had an understanding of substrates, timber construction and finishing processes, and / or some knowledge of print and print-ready artworking.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Strong aesthetic / good eye for design and detail
- Good understanding of retail and branding – especially environments and promotions
- Excellent visualisation skills – able to produce accurate presentation visuals
- A passion for all aspects of art, design and trends
- Ability to design to a budget
- Appropriate technical skills incl. Illustrator and Photoshop to presentation standards as well as Microsoft office.
- Some understanding of clients’ brand communication / brand values
Main Purpose of Role:
To produce highly creative designs that meet our clients briefs and wins the company pitches and repeat business. Design achievable, practical solutions within set budgets – hence knowledge of material costs etc. Produce presentations to meet client deadlines to a high standard.
Key Results Areas (Accountabilities and Duties):
Creative handwriting: Ensure the creative tone for the studio is maintained consistently with support and guidance from the Head of Design
Accountability: Ensure design deadlines and standards are met. Perpetuate our clients Design’s reputation for highly creative, on-trend, intelligent design.
Communication: Liaise effectively with our other designers and Head of Design and, at times, directly with clients. Communicate your designs clearly with our project managers and liaise with our production team on the manufacture of your concepts.
Preferred Experience Required:
Minimum of 5 years working in a design team, Shopfit, Interior, Display Design
Reports to: Head of Design
Indirectly: Creative Director