Built Offsite are seeking a talented Design Manager to join our successful family building company based in Shropshire. Operating within the Contracts Department, the ideal candidate will be highly committed to delivering quality and accurate design work in a timely manner. Working closely with the Commercial team this exciting and fast paced role is pivotal to ensuring optimum delivery of projects across the business, on time and at a good cost.
We are looking for a proactive and committed individual with excellent design skills and conviction in your work, as well as the ambition and commitment to succeed in delivering quality every time.
- Qualified to at least RIBA Stage II, or a full BA hons degree in structural engineering or equivalent
- Other qualifications may be accepted, if the candidate can provide proof of exceptional design related experience e.g. a degree in Electrical Engineering, accompanied with significant high quality experience of general construction design
- Proficient in the use of various design programmes, I.T. and Microsoft packages
- Must have experience of attending and leading design meetings with both the client’s design team, and also with sub-contractors
- Must have experience of working within a team and be used to and adept at working alongside a Quantity Surveyor and/or Contracts Manager
- Must be proficient in the verbal and written use of the English Language
- Must be a good communicator who is used to working in a team environment whilst contributing good suggestions and taking the lead on design based problem solving
- Possess practical experience of attending construction sites and inspecting workmanship to ensure that sub-contractors and colleagues alike are adhering to the good design work provided
- Must have a good knowledge of all building regulations and must have experience of lodging and gaining Building Control approval
- Knowledge of BREEAM would be preferable but is non-essential
Salary: £40,000 depending on experience + performance related bonus
Apply now for this exciting role by sending across your CV or request the full job description for more details.
Built Offsite Ltd, London House, Shawbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 4EA
or email to: email@example.com
(Closing Date: April 25th 2013)
We are an equal opportunities employer and applications are welcome from all interested parties.