This job is no longer available
Built Offsite Ltd is an extremely ambitious and rapidly growing organisation which specializes in the design and construction of buildings for the education sector, using a full range of Modern Methods of Construction. Due to our continued success, we have another excellent opportunity for a Divisional Head of Projects to work within our Contracts Department at Head Office based in Shropshire. This position is a senior position within the organisation offering a variety of future enhancements in line with the company growth plans.
The Divisional Head of Projects will be fully responsible for the management and performance of their business unit, from the management of their team of staff to delivery of the project on site. A strong background in quantity surveying and contract management is deemed to be essential for this role, as well as the ability to plan and project manage meticulously to ensure projects are delivered at high speed with good financial performance. People skills are absolutely essential at Built Offsite Ltd, as the customer always comes first.
Managing a team with specialist skill sets including; Project Managers, Design Managers, Quantity Surveyors and CAD designers, the Divisional Head of Projects will need excellent management skills to extract the best performance from each of their team members. Overall responsibility for the project including areas such as; Health and Safety, site based activity, detailed design and procurement, valuation and final account will be held within the business unit, and will ultimately be the responsibility of the Divisional Head of Projects.
Performance will be measured against health and safety criteria, customer satisfaction, programme accuracy and financial outturn against each project, and extremely aggressive financial incentive schemes are in place for the successful delivery against each of these areas.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Commercial Manager/Managing QS (or equivalent skill set) with experience in JCT contracts a pre-requisite (NEC contract experience also preferable)
- Significant experience of managing a team of construction professionals, each responsible for different aspects of the construction process (detailed design, QS/costing exercises, contract negotiation, programming, resource planning, customer interface, QA, H&S)
- A working knowledge of site based construction, either through specific site management/project management roles or experience of working closely with a site based team
- Experience of leading a team and delegating tasks/apportioning workload on a day to day basis
- Experience of setting and working to KPIs
This role is perfect for an ambitious, high impact, high energy, high enthusiasm and high caliber individual, and the right person will develop and grow quickly within Built Offsite Ltd
Up to £50,000 basic per annum depending on experience, plus 100% salary performance related bonus and F/XP company car
Should you wish to apply, please send your CV to: Built Offsite Ltd, London House, Shawbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, SY4 4EA or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Closing Date: 25th of April 2013)
We are an equal opportunities employer and applications are welcome from all interested parties.