Design Manager - Interior fit-out - London
SSA are recruiting on behalf of a leading Contractor in the London market who are a leader in the retail, commercial, fitout sectors in addition to apartment development projects and particular focus on the “Super Prime Residential” sector.
The company is involved in high end projects from major high spec exclusive residential projects for private clients (£10-25m value) through to commercial and restoration /heritage projects.
The company due to expansion is seeking to fill the following role
The Design Manager will have specific responsibility for the Management and coordination of the design element of various projects or just one depending on value. From tender enquiry to completion, he/she will define design scope/responsibility, whilst and identifying the processes and systems/procedures required for the specific requirements of each individual project, thereafter monitoring compliance.
You will act as the design spokesperson for the company representing the company’s interests during the bid process and at tender interviews
Reporting to the Design Director but with the capability to work independently on your own projects you shall..
- Ensure adequate management of all internal and external resources to maximise the success of the project delivery requirements
- To act as the focal point for the companies design management and delivery
- To form systems and procedures for the ‘front end design briefing’ accompanying the
- Pre-Construction Director at tender stage to identify/qualify/and quantify the extent of design requirements and offerings.
- To attend bid meeting to discuss/advise on all design related issues included within our bid
- To make periodic company related presentations with the Director of marketing
- Implement the successful administration of processes and procedures of the company in order that projects are delivered in compliance with all current and emerging legislation and standards, statute including the company’s internal quality management systems
- Manage a team of internal design co-ordinators and/or external design coordinators/architects/engineers to the requirements of each specific project, thereafter through the design team ensuring the design is provided adequately but not to excess
- Ensure adequate resource are planned and implemented in line with the tender stage design briefing, thereafter liaison with the site Snr Project Manager to ensure that the design team are aligned to project programmes and design costs..
- Ensure that project specific design programmes are produced and managed.
- Attend all relevant project handover meetings and site-specific design/progress meetings as directed by the Snr Project manager.
- Develop design initiatives to offer value engineering at during both the tender and build stage.
The position is a permanent role and not available to those seeking a contract position
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading London based Contractor with a substantial workload and portfolio of projects to deliver.
For further information with regard to the above role please contact Alex Wilkinson