Built Offsite Ltd is an extremely ambitious and rapidly growing organisation which specializes in the design and construction of buildings for the education sector, using a full range of Modern Methods of Construction. Due to our continued success, we have an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Manager to work within our Commercial Department based in Shropshire. This position is a senior position within the organisation offering a variety of future enhancements in line with the company growth plans, and high impact construction professionals only need apply.
The Commercial Manager will be fully responsible for the management and performance of the design and estimating functions within the Commercial Department, focusing around co-ordination of tender returns and design packages for submission within agreed timescales. A strong background in quantity surveying and contract negotiation is deemed to be essential to this role, as well as the ability to plan and project manage meticulously to ensure that tenders and financial proposals are delivered at high speed to the front line Sales function. The Commercial Manager will be the “right hand man” to the Head of Commercial, and will need to align themself with the Head of Commercial on departmental issues.A strong character, a high intellect, ambition, desire and loyalty are key personality traits required for this role.
Managing a team with specialist skillsets including; an architect, CAD designers, estimators and administrators, the Commercial Manager will need excellent management skills to extract the best performance from each of their team members. Overall responsibility for the tender/proposal, including areas such as contract terms, margin and quality score will be held within the Commercial Department, and will ultimately be the responsibility of the Head of Commercial and Commercial Manager. The Commercial Manager will be expected to have the ability to carry out face to face meetings with potential clients, attend and negotiate contract terms during tender interview stages, and accurately estimate projects if and as required.
Performance will be measured against speed of tender response, quality score, margin, hit-ratio and accuracy of staff performance, and aggressive financial incentive schemes and future entry into the senior management bonus scheme are in place for the successful delivery against each of these areas.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Commercial Manager/Managing QS (or equivalent skill set) with bid experience in JCT contracts a pre-requisite (NEC contract experience also preferable)
- Significant experience of managing a bid team or bid process, including aspects such as initial design, QS/costing exercises, contract negotiation, programming, resource planning, customer interface, QA, H&S
- A working knowledge of site based construction, either through specific site management/project management roles or experience of working closely with a site based team
- Experience of leading a team and delegating tasks/apportioning workload on a day to day basis
- Experience of setting and working to KPIs
This role is perfect for an ambitious, high impact, high energy, high enthusiasm and high calibre individual, and the right person will develop and grow quickly within Built Offsite Ltd.
Up to £45,000 basic per annum depending on experience, plus attractive performance related bonus and fringe benefits.
More searches like this
- Commercial Manager Heating and Ventilation jobs in London (Central)
- Contracts Manager Heating and Ventilation jobs in London (Central)
- Quantity Surveyor Heating and Ventilation jobs in London (Central)
- Site Manager Heating and Ventilation jobs in London (Central)
- Bid Manager Heating and Ventilation jobs in London (Central)