Senior Urban Designer - Berkshire
Are you a creative, fun & energetic Urban Designer looking for work in Berkshire?
One of the UK’s top planning consultancies is looking for an Urban Designer with a natural flair for landscaping aspects to be a part of their team.
The role of Senior Urban Designer is to contribute to, and assist in managing, urban design and master-planning projects of varying type, size and complexity
Are you the perfect candidate? Consider the following:
- Manage small to large projects
- Proactively manage the flow of information, correspondence, problems and queries
- Proactively interpret and take appropriate actions / decisions
- Supervise the day to day activities of others
- Operate at a professional level within the person’s chosen field
- Support the day-to-day management of projects / department
- Ensure departmental processes are adhered to owning problems and identifying solutions
- Involve in servicing client relationships
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to design at a high level employing a range of drawing and modelling skills.
- Ability to research, write and illustrate print-ready reports related to urban design.
- Ability to write fee and project bids and perform effectively at interview.
- Highly-developed, critical approach to urban design.
- Emerging ability to manage other professionals and assistants, and ability to liaise and collaborate with cognate professionals and clients in the design process.
- A good first degree in architecture or other cognate discipline.
- A good post-graduate diploma or masters degree in urban design.
- Membership of a professional body (RIBA/RTPI/LI).
- Creative/ imaginative.
- An enthusiasm for, and knowledge of, place-specific contemporary urban design and a commitment to further this.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of an established team.
- IT literate.
- Experience (UK based) of successfully contributing to substantial urban design and master-planning projects from inception to completion.
- Evidence of a high-quality design portfolio.
- Evidence of high-quality graphical communication.
You MUST have UK qualifications and experience as the client needs the candidate to ‘hit the ground running’.
All candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK & include a portfolio with their CV submissions