Proposal Writer - Main Contractors new Central London office
SSA are recruiting on behalf of a large Main Contractor with a location in Central London who are rapidly expanding in the South East and are currently winning a significant portfolio of projects within the residential, educational, hotel, retail and fitout sectors.
The company is now seeking to strengthen its team in its new office establishment and has a key position to work under the Business Development Director.
Proposal Writer, Business Development Co-ordinator and Office Manager
The role will require somebody who can alternate between their role in the submission of proposals / PQQ’s, control the CRM package and support the Business Development Manager with the ability to manage the day to day office function.
The ideal person would have used CRM software in addition to being proficient in Adobe Indesign.
Persuasive proposal writing in support of winning new business, including information & document compilation and best practice capture.
Provide administrative assistance and support to the Business Development Director for London and South East.
Take administrative responsibility for the efficient running of the London Regional office and provide secretarial services to the management team.
- Gather collate and format data in order to meet the requirements for prequalification’s.
- Write customer specific responses to questions raised during proposal processes
- Identify, write and capture project innovations and best practice for use in proposals
- Research and write supporting information for use in proposals including case studies, CV’s and project best practice
- Store outputs in a way that can be readily shared for future use by others in the company
- Liaise with operations and support teams in order to ensure that they are briefed with the detail of an enquiry/project and work with them on the resolution of technical issues.
- Co-ordinate work activity for the business development function
- Organise meetings, functions and hospitality events and produce all related correspondence.
- Monitor BDD emails in his absence and deal with all enquiries. Deal with external customers and resolve all problems and enquiries satisfactorily.
- Acts as focal point and filter for calls and visitors, referring to the BDD where necessary
- Is fully conversant with activities of the organisation in order to act as a personal representative and effectively liaises with senior managers and external contacts.
- Produce regular and ad hoc analysis of information relating to departmental activity such us workload pipeline
- Maintain a database of procurement portal logins
- Ensure the CRM database is maintained and regularly updated
- Provide secretarial support to site based and visiting senior management
- Produce company profiles and capability statements as requested by the BDD
- Ensure the office is organised effectively and maintained in a safe workable environment
Key Competencies for the role
- Adopts an organised and systematic approach to work and incorporates flexibility to respond to changes in tasking. Manages multiple tasks
- Welcomes the challenge of more difficult work and exceeds targets set
- Communicates effectively at all levels in a way that encourages two-way communication. Comfortable with both groups and individuals
- A high level of integrity, a self-motivated individual who can be trusted who will initially be spending considerable periods of time working alone
- Monitors customer satisfaction and identifies areas for improvement
- Develops own skills to perform their job more effectively. Responds positively to feedback and is open to new ideas
- Uses acquired knowledge and skills to perform new job related tasks, seeking advice and guidance where necessary
- Encourages, supports and values contributions of others, shares credit and responds positively to requests for help. Shares knowledge
- Ensures that decisions are made, evaluates priorities and timescales and informs others of decisions. Reconsiders in light of new information
- Understands the market in which the company operates. Able to relate company commercial strategy to own activities. Monitors and controls cost against budget
- Encourages others through personal commitment and enthusiasm
For further information with regard to the above role please contact Mike Lee
Ph:0203 137 5550