Planning Project Officer - High Speed Two
Planning Policy Project Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client to work on a unique project associated with the upcoming development in the London Borough of Camden associated with the High Speed Two Rail Development.
Primarily policy and research based, this is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the largest infrastructure project in the UK over the next twenty years. You will report directly to the HS2 Project Officer and deal with multiple stakeholders including, councillors, local businesses and internal departments.
As the successful candidate, you will have a degree in town planning or geography or equivalent and recent experience in producing quantitative and qualitative research.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
· Take responsibility for areas of work related to identifying and mitigating HS2 business and employment impacts in Camden including background research, socio-economic analysis, policy reviews and reporting.
· Organise, attend and record meetings and events with a range of stakeholders.
· Brief officers on HS2 related issues.
· Handle other economic development duties as appropriate.
As the successful applicant you will be - educated to degree level in a geography or town planning capacity.
· Be comfortable with a range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques;
· Have experience of working with and consulting with stakeholders across a range of services and cultures, ideally including businesses and representatives of the business community;
· You must possess a competent level of IT skills (Microsoft Office).
· Competitive hourly rate.
· Excellent location - based on Euston Road.
· Excellent potential contract extension.
· Good chance of career progression and the opportunity t o progress to a permanent role.