This job is no longer available
Community Planning and Engagement Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client, a London based local authority, to work on the upcoming Gospel Oak Regeneration scheme based in Camden. Our client is looking for a Community Engagement Officer with a thorough understanding of planning policy. This is a unique opportunity to make a genuine contribution to a large scale regeneration scheme which will include hundreds of new homes.
As the successful candidate, you will have a background in community consultation and pride yourself on conveying large-scale projects that will change people's lives. You will possess good consultation skills and be able to handle open engagement. As a result you will produce a strategy for the council to influence and manage development in the public eye.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
· Work flexibly with changing and conflicting priorities.
· Regularly attend evening consultation meetings and on occasion weekend working.
· Develop ways to engage and consult with residents, community groups, business and statutory partners around the delivery of the Gospel Oak Regeneration strategic plan.
· Organise, attend and record meetings and events with a range of stakeholders.
· Handle other economic development duties as appropriate.
As the successful applicant you will be:
· Educated to degree level in a town planning field or equivalent.
· Have considerable experience in community consultation and engagement or housing or project management..
· Have experience of working with and consulting with stakeholders across a range of services and cultures, ideally including residents and local businesses.
· You must possess a competent level of IT skills (Microsoft Office).
· Competitive hourly rate.
· Excellent location - based near Kings Cross Station.
· Excellent potential for contract extension.
· Good chance of career progression and the opportunity t o progress to a permanent role.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Callum Wanliss, Specialist Town Planning Consultant, on 02072598711 or reply to this advert with an updated CV.