This job is no longer available
Conservation Design Officer - Architecture
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client, a London based local authority, to work within the Conservation and Heritage function as an architect and design specialist.
Our client is looking for a candidate with an architecture and design background who understands current best practice, is knowledgeable on building construction and detailing and who can, through negotiation, secure high quality design outcomes.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
· Negotiate with key stakeholders to secure necessary outcomes.
· Take a lead in key design and architecture projects.
· Keep up to date with best practices.
· Produce architecture plans for key historic buildings.
As the successful applicant you will:
· Be educated to at least RIBA level one or hold a qualification in HNC Building construction or equivalent.
· Be an expert in CAD and be proficient with either AutoCAD or Vector Works.
· Hold considerable experience in working within an architecture environment with historic buildings.
· Have experience in working within a local authority environment.
· Competitive hourly rate.
· Excellent location within central London.
· Excellent potential for contract extension.
· Good chance of career progression and the opportunity t o progress to a permanent role.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Callum Wanliss, Specialist Town Planning Consultant, on 02072598711 or reply to this advert with an updated CV.