Due to growth Built Offsite are seeking an experienced temporary Quantity Surveyor with valuable commercial experience to work within our Contracts Department. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading provider of volumetric buildings to education and who are continually experiencing growth year on year.
We are looking for a well-rounded QS, who ideally is qualified to HND/HNC standard in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management / Construction and be able to demonstrate commercial experience working within a construction environment. Make your mark and be proactive in this role, taking responsibility of a number of projects. Apply your strong business acumen skills, creativity and the vision to meet customer and business requirements within our family company.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of various procurement methods and standard form contracts such as the JCT suite of contracts
- Effective and efficient working practices and time management with a proven ability to balance multiple priorities to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Effective preparation of information and participation in site and client progress meetings as applicable
- Accurate reporting and forecasting delivered in accordance with the Company’s business strategy and in accordance with the required timeframes
- Effective management and monitoring of all commercial information in relation to the projects including labour, materials and sub-contractors costs and cash flow projections thus ensuring budgets are adhered to
- Good communication and motivation skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- The ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Working well under pressure as well as to tight timescales are both essential for this role
- Good command of written and spoken English & IT literate - Microsoft packages
Salary circa: £35,000 (Pro Rata Depending on experience.)
Apply now. Please send across your CV to:
This is a temporary post and duration will depend on project developments.
Built Offsite Ltd, London House, Shawbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 4EA
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and applications are welcome from all interested parties.