Contracts Managers / Administrators
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum + excellent benefits
The Worlds largest single runway airport is current seeking highly experienced Contract Administrators / Contract Managers to join their delivery teams responsible for the Airport Capital Investment Plan.
We are seeking individuals with experience relevant to the contract administration of major construction contracts working in a multi-disciplinary team and will provide Contractual support and Guidance to the Project Manager.
The Contract Administrator will provide contractual support to the managers reviewing all correspondence and ensuring that all contractual aspects of the contract are managed.
- Administration of complex contracts, confirming the compliance of the contractors / consultants to the contract terms and conditions.
- Preparing Contract Packages (Design, Services, construction, service orders)
- Ensuring bids, evaluation of proposals, negotiation and award of contracts are performed
- Managing any / all changes to the contract scope, cost, schedule, and quality of the project, through Early Warning Notices and Compensation Events.
- Managing and tracking of all the invoices and payments made, ensuring compliance to the requirements of the contract.
- Establishing a clear records management
system so that the project team utilises it to provide a written record of project execution.
- Ensuring that any additional work / change to the original scope is properly authorised in advance before issuing a change orders.
- Maintaining the Procurement Activity Forecast, all Early Warning and Compensation Event registers, the Correspondence Log and any other register or log as defined by the contract procedures.
- Review payment applications to identify any costs that are not in accordance with the Contract and disallow such costs.
- Maintain the Disallowed Cost register and related correspondence.
- Implementation of a close out programme to plan whilst ensuring all Defects are recorded, warranties received and financial close out of the contracts.
- Undertake Contractual and Procurement support activities as requested by the Area Contracts Manager or the Manager of
Contracts and Procurement.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in Contract Management with specific experience working with the NEC2 or NEC3 forms of contract.
- Experience to include managing change management, contractual disputes, correspondence and financial close out of contracts.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes.
- Professional qualification and/or chartered status.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management
- Must be competent in Risk management and good exposure of dispute handling
- Must be commercially aware with an understanding of why instruction/processes happen to really get under the skin of change
- Chartered Engineers/Quantity surveyors with a consultancy/engineering or civils background would be advantageous
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to become an integral part of a team within this well established company who in return for your experience can offer you career progression and exposure to a fast expanding and already successful organisation.
Apply now for more information and your chance to be considered!
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. To apply for this position please click on the “apply now” button below. By submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our client’s criteria and/or need.