Architect - Conservation / Heritage
Architect - Conservation/Heritage / West Sussex / £35,000 - £40,000 / Permanent
One of the UK’s leading firms of rural chartered surveyors and property consultants have a great opportunity for an experienced Architect who specialises in the Conservation/Heritage sector join their team.
The work involves dealing with many Grade I and II* buildings, churches and scheduled ancient monuments. The clients are a mixture of private individuals, trusts and institutional clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for seeking, implementing and completing projects involving all types of building conservation. The projects may be a large multi-million pound project or a small piece of work involving advice and specialist knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Architect registered with the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and preferably a member of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- The candidate will either be accredited to RIBA Specialist Conservation Architect or AABC level.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following fields:
- Demonstrate excellent design skills.
- Freehand sketch drawings to describe design thoughts and repair solutions.
- A sound knowledge of Architectural history
- ‘AutoCAD’ and ‘SketchUp’ literacy
- A familiarity with the use of the National Building Specification
- Good presentation skills at all levels.
- A clear understanding of the criteria for listing buildings
- An ability and willingness to network and win clients
- An ability to work in a team and to manage other members of staff
- To demonstrate a freeness to share knowledge and help others within the wider Conservation department
If you feel you have the experience needed for this position then please send your CV and work examples to Gina at email@example.com.
Adrem Group are specialists in Creative Careers.