Capital Development Managers
Capital Development Manager
Upto £60,000 per annum plus highly
competitive benefits package
The World’s largest single runway airport, is seeking a Capital Development Manager to join the product development team as the airport develops its future £1.2 billion Capital Investment plan.
This is an exciting time in the development of the airport and offers a stimulating opportunity for a Capital Development Manager to advance their career.
The main purpose of the role is to shape the future of the airport to develop programmes & lead projects in their early stages. You will fill the gap between technical project delivery & stakeholders, both internal and external.
You will ensure that a commercially astute business case is produced for development & implementation by the Construction team. This is to ensure that each project is maximised on value & benefit to the airport & that a fully integrated solution/approach is adopted with the right blend of people, process, systems and infrastructure rather than opting for a pure capital solution.
You will aid in the formulation of the front end business case acting as a consultant on the front & end brief, leading production of the project brief to eventually hand over delivery of the project to the Construction teams.
- Lead key stakeholders in formulating the requirements of the business case for each new project under consideration by being the sole point of
contact for stakeholders.
- Translation of business requirements into Project scope
- Ensures airport wide alignment of requirements to deliver an effective capital plan to support the Gatwick Airport business priorities and
- Stakeholder management - Initiate and build strong relationships with key stakeholder groups ensuring the success of projects which will be delivered by theEPC Manager.
- Responsible for the front end solution & brief taking into account people, process, infrastructure & systems, and coordinate these aspects in
the initiation the project by defining the requirements for all
- Prepare and present regular updates on the development of projects to senior management, external stakeholders and the Gatwick Board of Directors as required.
- Lead all liaison with airlines for the duration of each projects.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree and/or post grad - in a relevant field is desired.
- A good understanding of capital development efficiency in particular programme vs project approaches
- Significant project/programme development experience/training.
- Excellent influencing, political and communication skills.
- Experience in complex multi stakeholder management and negotiation.
- Proven track record in effective presentations and reports.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, open-minded with an energetic and proactive personal style.
- Organised individual, accustomed to planning individually and in teams.
- Commercial expertise to develop a compelling business case.
- Experience in leading innovative solutions;
- Knowledge of either airport baggage systems or complex materials handling requirements an advantage
- Lean six sigma or equivalent skills are desirable.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to become an integral part of a team who in return for your experience can offer you career progression and exposure to a fast expanding and already successful organisation.
Apply now for more information and your chance to be considered!
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. To apply for
this position please click on the “apply now” button below. By submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our client’s criteria and/or need.