This job is no longer available
Upto £45,000 per annum plus highly competitive benefits package incl. Car allowance & bonus
Gatwick Airport, the World’s largest single runway airport, is seeking a highly experienced Project Engineer to join the construction team as the airport develops its future £1.2 billion Capital Investment plan.
This is an exciting role for a qualified Project Engineer to take responsibility for the delivery & compliance of engineering on several projects whilst planning, coordinating & directing engineering & consultants’ activities. You will also be accountable for interpreting, organising & coordinating work, where you will work closely with the EPC Manager to ensure engineering is executed in a cost effective, timely & efficient manner.
- Plans, coordinates and reviews engineering work within the project or projects designated by the Area Manager.
- Accountable for the preparation of engineering execution plans in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
- Applies and administers engineering processes and procedures in order to maintain quality and control of engineering work product.
- Coordinates with Airport management and operational representatives as delegated to obtain their approval of phases of work.
- Works closely with construction personnel on the project site to monitor quality and progress, and evaluate and resolve issues that may arise during the implementation phase.
- Reviews consultants’ and contractors design documents for quality and compliance with GAL standards.
- Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Ensures airport wide alignment of requirements to deliver an effective capital plan to support the Gatwick Airport business priorities
- Ensures consultant and contractors requirements from engineering processes and procedures are included in contracts
- Ensures engineering scopes are clear and specific deliverables are defined
- Manages and reports on the progress and performance of engineering deliverables
Qualifications and experience
- Senior engineer with experience in the engineering and construction of at least 2 large infrastructure projects (minimum £500M).
- Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication including technical writing.
- Knowledge of application and coordination of 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools on a project, therefore design management experience an advantage
- Airport development experience or significant other development experience within a multi complex stakeholder organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, open-minded with an energetic and proactive personal style.
- Experience in complex stakeholder management and negotiation.
- Lean six sigma or equivalent skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and business planning software is a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture of Construction Management
- Significant relevant industry experience, gained through on job experience of large, multi-discipline construction projects.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to become an integral part of a team who in return for your experience can offer you career progression and exposure to a fast expanding and already successful organisation.
Apply now for more information and your chance to be considered!
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. By submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our client’s criteria and/or need.