This job is no longer available
One of the UK’s leading contractors that are at the forefront of innovation within construction is on the hunt for an experienced architect/technician!
The company pride themselves on repeat business having established long-term relationships with numerous social housing clients.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A successful track record of delivering residential projects (new build experience will be an advantage)
- Software proficiency with AutoCAD
- Sound understanding of NHBC & Building Regulations
- Appreciation of building services
- Informed & contemporaneous understanding of Codes for Sustainable homes & BREEAM
The role will require you to:
- Take the lead on the detailed design process that includes management of the various D&B contracts
- To be the main point of contact for all parties that include design teams, client & production teams
- Regularly report to the Technical Production Manager
- On-going client and end user liaison/advising to ensure the development of the scheme in line with client requirements, and agreement of key aspects of the design in line with budget costs
- Co-ordinating sound technical knowledge together with experience of working alongside the production teams from the pre-contract stage of projects through to handover
- High standards, attention to detail and the drive to deliver the job on time, spec and budget will be required
- Taking the lead on the detailed design process, including management of consultant design team plus agreement of the information required schedules.
- To liaise with Local Authorities, Building Control and Planning Departments
The successful candidate will be rewarded with competitive salary and development prospects within this busy growing contractor.