This job is no longer available
The role includes working closely with leading architectural and design practices to create state of the art lighting designs for super-prime luxury private homes. Projects will normally be in London, but there may also be projects elsewhere in the UK and abroad.
Xavio is looking for a designer with fresh, dynamic ideas, one who is keen to push past the boundaries of traditional lighting design, and create truly inspirational palettes of living light to merge with more classic techniques and effects. You will be working with an enormous collection of the world’s finest lighting luminaires, and every project will be very individual and exciting. You will have first-class back up from a team of efficient project managers, admin and logistics staff.
The candidate will be client-facing, and needs to also have good business acumen and presentation skills. You need to be an effective communicator at all levels, able to manage deadlines, and able to handle multiple projects on different timelines by using our bespoke systems. You must meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 years of experience in high end residential lighting design.
- A proven track record and a portfolio of completed residential projects where you have been heavily involved with the lighting design.
- Competent in AutoCAD, Dialux, and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of UK lighting standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of the typical construction and M&E workflow and practices of a complex UK residential project.
- Ideally a University degree in Architecture, interior Design, Lighting Design or equivalent.
- Passionate about lighting with the ability to inspire clients and secure leads.
- You must have an eye for detail, and to be able to combine artistic flair with practicality.
- Ability to work as part of an enthusiastic and close-knit team.
An attractive remuneration package is available (depending on the experience of the candidate), and the successful candidate will be able to commence as soon as they wish. Xavio has a large amount of work in the pipeline and is greatly sought after in the luxury super-prime market.
Please note we will only consider independent applicants – we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Please send your CV and portfolio to Marcus Cowley: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please see the Xavio website: www.xavio-design.com.