Senior Residential Designer
My client are currently looking to appoint a permanent Senior Residential Layout Designer.
Responsible to the Design Manager, your role will be to produce site layouts from viability to planning/construction and to assist with the production of house type planning/construction drawings and details.
The ideal applicant will be a team player who can meet deadlines whilst working with minimum supervision, qualified to HNC level or equivalent with post qualifying design office experience.
Candidates must have extensive experience in house building and be able to demonstrate the ability to produce, creative & efficient planning layout is essential, experience of Building Regulations, NHBC standards and AutoCAD are also required.
The Senior Residential Designer's role is to produce site layouts from viability to planning and to assist with the production of house type drawings and details.
Ensuring designs and details meet the requirements of the customer, current regulations, and achieve timescales/deadlines. Also that they are accurate and user friendly for all departments.
2. Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications / Special requirements (eg travel, unsociable hours) for this role:
* Knowledge of local authority standards.
* Creating competitive densities, with minimum costs implications.
* Clear understanding of current Building Regulations & relevant standards.
* Construction knowledge & detailing skills.
* Managing timescales & deadlines.
* Managing & controlling external consultants.
* Ability to produce required details & drawings.
3. Personal Attributes required for this role:
* Methodical and problem solver.
* Communication, team work & customer focus
* Ability to maintain standards/quality of work.
4. Essential duties & Responsibilities:
* Production of site layouts:
1. Sketch layout.
2. Presentation drawings.
3. Planning layouts.
4. Associated details.
* Assist in production of drawings:
1. House type planning drawings
2. House type working drawings
3. Standard details.
4. Site specific details where required.
* Ensuring economical & practical information is produced.
* Providing technical back to all departments.
* Controlling outside consultants when required.
* Checking information for the departments when required.
5. Supervisory and managerial responsibilities
* External consultants.
8.30-5.30 - 3.30 finish on a Friday afternoon