Mandarin or Bahasa speaking (Senior) Architect
OMA is a leading international office practicing architecture, urban planning, and cultural analysis. OMA is dedicated to the realization of buildings and masterplans around the world that insist on intelligent forms, while inventing new possibilities for content and everyday use. OMA has projects in over 30 countries with offices in Rotterdam, New York, Beijing, Hong Kong and Doha. The counterpart to OMA is AMO, a research and design studio working in media, politics, renewable energy, technology, publishing, fashion, micro-design and cultural advisory.
OMA's Hong Kong office has an immediate need for a Senior Architect fluent in Mandarin or Bahasa. The (Senior) Architect should have conceptual design talent and extensive building experience. In addition, you should have in-depth technical experience (facades, cores, structure). The (Senior) Architect will be responsible for all drawing sets, presentation and detailing in all project phases, and will coordinate work with consultants. The (Senior) Architect will work closely with and report directly to the Associate of the current project and ultimately to the Partner in charge.
- Master's Degree in Architecture, Design or relevant field
- Fluent in Mandarin or Bahasa (native speaker preferred) and English
- 4+ years of proven experience in all phases of design process: conceptual, detail and design
development, construction documents, construction administration, site supervision
- Excellent AutoCAD and Adobe Suite skills
- Highly developed skills in client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, building design technical detailing, consultant coordination, construction administration
- Hands-on approach
- Self-discipline and confidence in a complex and international environment
- Understanding of OMA's work and the capability to execute its design intentions through the various stages to completion