This job is no longer available
CAD/Design Technician - 2 years experience
This role is for CAD technician to work for well known historical buildings including a palace in Central London. The role has come about due to an increase in workload and an extra pair of hands is needed. Within this role you will be working on 14 in-house buildings which are mainly office environments.
They are seeking a CAD technician to support the Design and Workspace Planning Managers with their day-to-day work. You will be supporting with layout drawings and reports to support moves or occupation of newly fitted out premises. You will also be involved in surveys for the purpose of producing block drawings and to update, hold and analyse property information on IT systems providing accurate and up-to-date information to support property decisions.
The ideal candidate will have 2 years experience of working within an interior design company and from an office design background; historic experience will be an added benefit. You will have good communication skill both written and verbal, with a degree within Interior design. You should have a strong eye for design and your portfolio should demonstrate this. In addition you will also have:
* AutoCAD 2012 2D
* AutoCAD 3D and or Sketch-up.
* Experience of carrying out surveys for the purpose of preparing drawing
* Experience and understanding of interior design and workspace planning with experience in preparing mood boards and presentation material.
* Knowledge of working on building schemes, either new-build or refurbished, and an understanding of furniture design in relation to commercial office design
* Facility with a broad range of MS Office standard computer packages; Adobe Creative Suite including In- Design and Photoshop.
If you are interested in this role or for more information call Acacia on 0207 259 8730