Design Manager - Fit Out / Refurb Commercial - West London
Design Manager required to work for an established main contractor in West London on fit out / refurb commercial projects up to the value of £30m
The role will be site based managing the design team alongside a full site team including management responsibilities.
Main Purpose of the Role
To deliver a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals by working with the professional team and applying systems, procedures and culture.
To support the construction team in the resolution of design related issues in a timely manner to prevent an affect on the construction programme and with awareness of the commercial implications the resolution may produce.
* To take full responsibility for the design coordination of large projects.
* To audit the design and identify inconsistencies, discrepancies and missing information and record, report and track the close out of these items in an Information Required Schedule format.
* To take responsibility for the production and control of the design programme and report against it.
* To chair design workshops with the trade contractors, develop the design, workshop drawings and manage the coordination between trades.
* To review design development regularly with the Financial Manager to ensure design and commercial aspects are aligned. Keep a separate Open Items Schedule to track design changes from workshops or comments and use CVI forms in workshops if necessary.
* To manage the production and approval of samples, mock ups and quality benchmarks.
* To produce and manage Open Items Schedules for each trade contractor package.
* To chair Design Team Meetings with the consultant designers and record and track information from DTM's.
* To coordinate the integration of the building services with the architectural and structural elements of the project.
* To identify potential quality issues and latent defects and to manage the design development of these with the design team to provide a suitable resolution.
They are also looking for a stable employment history with a good track record of projects and experience of running design teams.
ASAP start for the right candidate.