This job is no longer available
You'll be responsible for carrying out key projects within the Strategic Planning Team, in support of the preparation of the Local Development Framework (LDF), with specific responsibility for the evaluation and implementation of site development proposals, as well as co-ordinating the Council's approach on employment and retail requirements and design issues. Areas of initial specific responsibility would be, the evaluation and implementation of site development proposals, as well as co-ordinating the development of evidence and the drafting of local plan policies.
You should match the following criteria:
* Able to demonstrate competent level of experience in Local Planning Authority strategic planning/policy work
* Planning policy knowledge, including on Government advice
* Previous involvement in development sites studies and drafting proposals/implementation
* Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
* Recognised planning qualification
* Excellent research and writing skills on all levels to enable to production of technical documents to public consultation documents.
* Able to communicate with a range of people from different backgrounds including ethnic, social and professional both verbally and in writing
* Aptitude for progressing development projects and negotiating infrastructure requirements - potential for innovative approach
* Able to analyse issues and recommend way forward on sound basis
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
To apply please forward your CV ASAP. For further information please contact Grant Wilson on 0117 9174560
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.