This job is no longer available
The Stella McCartney fashion house is looking for a talented architect to work on worldwide retail projects.
Candidates must have a minimum of two year post Part II experience, with retail experience and technical detailing skills. The ability to brainstorm and interpret Brand Strategy is crucial. You will join a small but productive team who take care of the ‘design and build’ of 30+ worldwide retail projects per year ranging from small Shop in shops to large stand alone flagships.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication, numeration and organisational skills; good spoken and written English is essential. This position will involve travel so you must have an interest and willingness to travel to worldwide retail locations.
The role will require good project management skills and will include tasks such as producing detailed design drawings, project presentation, shop drawing review, contract implementation and review, contractor/ site management, budget control, specifying the nature and quality of materials required, negotiating with contractors and other professionals, preparing applications for planning and building control departments and regular site
visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget plus dealing with any problems.
The role will require good project management skills and will include oversight of the following:
- Producing detailed design drawings
- Project presentation
- Shop drawing review
- Contract implementation and review
- Contractor/ site management
- Store set up
- Budget control - Discussing the objectives, requirements and budget of a project
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required
- Negotiating with contractors and other professionals
- Preparing applications for planning and building control departments
- Preparing tender documents for contractors
- Regular site visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction;
- Ensuring that the environmental impact of the project is managed
Technical skills and high level of proficiency in the following;
- Vector works 2012
- Rhino 3D
- Adobe Creative Suite
- have strong visual awareness and an eye for detail
- be inventive and imaginative
- be passionate about design, architecture and the built environment
- care about people and the environment
If you feel your skills and experience match the requirements, then please apply through the apply button below and follow the instructions: