This job is no longer available
Project Manager - Pre-Fabricated Metal Work
c£50,000 - £55,000 salary + Company Pension, Life Insurance, Laptop, Mobile Phone, 29 days' holiday
Wellington Professional Recruitment is proud to be working with our client, a recognized market leader throughout the UK and Ireland and a name synonymous with architectural metalwork within the construction industry. Renowned for their expertise in bespoke engineering solutions, the company offers a refreshing approach to the industry by working in tandem with architects and main contractors alike to achieve truly awe-inspiring results in terms of showcasing their technical as well as creative ability to deliver on a world class stage, on projects such as the recent London Olympics.
Due to an on-going and enviable order book they are now looking to appoint a Site Project Manager with a construction sub-contracting background on a permanent basis. As Project Manager, you will be based out of their London NW1 office location and working on key construction and rail projects. You will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient performance of site installation operations, as well as developing and maintaining proactive, positive and responsive relationships with clients while representing the best interests of the company.
Some of your key duties will include:
- Actively manage and control the site based ‘Project Team' and subcontractors to ensure the effective and efficient performance of site installation operations
- Management of / compliance with / and understanding of the project contract terms
- To monitor & control project costs and change control
- Develop and maintain proactive, positive and responsive communication and dialogue with clients representatives, promoting the company's image and reputation
- Produce, monitor & deliver the project programme by providing adequately detailed installation plans for the site managers and supervisors to implement in line with the clients time requirements and the agreed company cost requirements
- Close liaison and guidance of the Project Quantity Surveyor to maximize commercial opportunities
- Manage and lead the project health, safety, quality & environmental issues
- Produce Inspection & Test Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and all associated documentation in conjunction with the Site Project Team
- To ensure management disciplines are implemented and give leadership to site teams in order to meet targets for health & safety, delivery, cost and quality
To be considered for this very exciting role, you must have:
- At least 4 years' solid project management experience gained working for a subcontractor with an industry closely aligned to one of the following - structural steel, architectural metalwork, cladding or facades
- Relevant certification such as CSCS, SMSTS
- Experience of managing major construction projects from conception through to completion
- Strong client facing skills
- An enthusiastic and determined approach to get the job completed, to time and to budget
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, with a strong Man management style.
PTS (track safety) PASMA and First Aid qualifications as well as experience of working on rail specific projects would be advantageous to your application, but certainly not essential.
Roles like this don't come up that often, so If you feel this exciting ‘Project Manager - Rail Sector, Pre-Fabricated Steel Work' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.