This job is no longer available
To carry out security patching and anti-virus updates on IT systems, and to make sure that technical security updates and solutions are deployed as required. Working within the Infrastructure Applications Team as a System Security Analyst operating on both Commercial and HMG environments with indirect report to the Security Operations Centre Lead.
* Provide system security advice to the system management, system staff and users;
* Monitor hardware, firmware and software modifications and enhancements to the system to ensure that security is not breached and ensure remedial action is taken;
* Review security patches. Test and deploy (or assist and/or monitor) these patches to all relevant systems; thus mitigating against security vulnerabilities and other bugs.
* Review anti-virus updates. Test and deploy (or assist and/or monitor) these updates to all relevant systems; thus mitigating against security vulnerabilities
* Maintaining and examining system security logs.
* Ensure that records of hardware, firmware and software changes and defects are kept and regularly examined for unusual trends;
* Monitor the back up and recovery of system security relevant information;
* Report any system security loopholes, infringements and vulnerabilities which may come to light, to the Security Operations Centre.
* Where requested work with the Security Operations Centre team on security investigation into possible security breaches; which may involve HMG protectively marked information.
* Liaise with contractors to ensure that maintenance is carried out without endangering security;
* Maintain the above using the appropriate Change Management and Incident Management processes.
Qualifications & Requirements
* Experienced Security Analyst
* A proven track record of delivery in a multi-disciplined environment
* Experience of UK HMG Information Security Processes and Policies
* Familiarity with industry leading security products
* Experience of working within a change control and incident management environment
* Detailed Internet, networking, and computer knowledge (Software & Hardware),
* Knowledge of multiple operating systems and applicable system administration skills (Windows, Solaris, Linux).
* Experience with security testing tools, development of threat assessments and security testing methodologies would be advantageous.
* Experience with network troubleshooting tools like network sniffers, TCPDUMP or IPTRACE utilities.
* Knowledge of Client Server applications, multi-tier Web applications, relational databases, Firewalls, VPN's, Exchange, Outlook, enterprise Anti-Virus products.
* Excellent understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, WAN's, LAN's, and commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, FTP, POP, LDAP,
Technical & Specialist Knowledge
* AV product sets (specifically Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection via SCCM 2007)
* Patch Management (specifically using SCCM 2007)
* SPF, JSP 440
* Detail oriented with strong organisational and analytical skills
* Ability to interact with all departments in IT and Third Party organisations
* High capability to work alone with self management of workloads
* Able to work as part of a team
* Accountable - owns, communicates and delivers
* Customer Focus - puts the customer as the centre of focus
* Forward Thinking
* Applies flexibility, innovation and creative problem solving
* Genuine desire to search for best approach
* Excellent people skills
* Comfortable working across a multi disciplined environment
* Ability to work under pressure
* High quality output and accuracy
* Ability to deal with conflict
MOD SC Clearance
Other security clearances as contracts demand
e.g. Met Police security clearance
Ability to travel between sites
Send your CV across now if interested as the role will be filled soon.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.