Design Manager - Sittingbourne Kent
Job Purpose and Scope:
- Responsible to lead / manage the design process in order to develop a design compliant with all contract requirements and in the most cost effective way. All information will be fully coordinated in order to deliver the project on time within budget and to meet the client’s requirements.
- Responsible for design compliance, build ability, efficiency of design and supporting the bid process.
- Responsible for defining consultant fee level.
- Responsible to manage document control.
- Responsible to lead the Consultant Performance Assessment Process.
- Responsible to lead the sign off of documents to the correct status.
Key Tasks and Activities
- Is responsible to lead the full design and coordination process from inception to the Commercial Transfer of the project.
- Is responsible to support the procurement teams in order to win the project.
- Is responsible to ensure consultant produced procurement and bid information complies with the contract requirements and is developed in the most cost effective way.
- Is responsible to review Consultants Scope of Works and Responsibility Matrix, making sure they ate back to back with other consultants and review the scope as required.
- Is responsible for providing the bid team with the most cost effective solutions on allocated tenders.
- Is responsible for obtaining statutory approvals and certification.
- To chair weekly design meetings and take minutes.
- To organise design meetings held to validate the key stage of design development and prepare minutes.
- Represent Bouygues-UK at regular coordination meetings with design consultants.
- Is responsible for implementing and developing the design solution in accordance with the Design Brief and the client’s requirements as well as Bouygues-UK specific requirements when the preferred option has been selected.
- To manage the design consultants on a day to day basis.
- To manage and coordinate the design activities.
- To ensure the accuracy and completeness of design variables at each stage of the design development process (ITN Phase / PB Phase / Construction Phase).
- Ensure in liaison with the specialists that the pricing assumptions are consistent with the development of the design.
- Organise the follow up and checking of the schedules of accommodation.
- Liaise with Bouygues-UK specialists as required.
- Contract and design review.
- Closely liaise with the Design and Build Manager and the pricing team to prepare the list and programme of documents needing for pricing and make sure that the information is prepared as required.
- Closely liaise with the Design and Build Manager to on all build related issues such as decanting, phasing, enabling works and specifications.
- Defines consultants design packages.
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety safe working practices are observed at all times
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures
- To follow the Company's Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group, at a level appropriate to the post
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their line manager from time to time, outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested.
The job holder will be required to undertake such flexible and additional working hours as may be necessary, within reason, to facilitate the efficient fulfilment of the duties required by position.
Denne is wholly owned by Bouygues Bâtiment International, a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction. A global player in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors, Bouygues Construction operates at all points of the value chain of projects: finance, design, construction and facilities management (operation and maintenance). On every continent, its 55,400 employees devise and develop solutions that make an improvement to the environment and to everybody’s lives. In 2012, Bouygues Construction generated sales of 10.6 billion euros.