This job is no longer available
Site Manager – Fabrication/Architectural Metalwork
c£45,000 salary + Extensive benefits package including £5K Car Allowance, Company Pension, Life Insurance, Laptop, Mobile Phone, 29 days holiday
Wellington Professional Recruitment are proud to be working with our client who are a recognized market leader throughout the UK and Ireland and a name synonymous with architectural metalwork within the construction industry. Renowned for their expertise in bespoke engineering solutions, the company offers a refreshing approach to the industry by working in tandem with architects and main contractors alike to achieve truly awe-inspiring results in terms of showcasing their technical as well as creative ability to deliver on a world class stage, on projects such as the recent London Olympics.
Due to an on-going and enviable order book they are now looking to appoint a Site Manager with a background of fabrication/architectural metalwork on a permanent basis. As Site Manager, you will be based out of their London office location and working on key construction and rail projects. You will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient performance of site installation operations, as well as developing and maintaining proactive, positive and responsive relationships with clients while representing the best interests of the company.
Some of your key duties will include:
- Provide adequate detailed installation plans for the site supervisors to implement in line with the clients time requirements and the agreed company cost requirements
- Ensure management disciplines are implemented and give leadership to site teams in order to meet targets for health & safety, delivery, cost and quality
- Monitor performance and take all necessary action for the on time and within budget completion of works while maintaining a professional working relationship with the client at all times
- Communicate frequently and effectively with company management and site teams
- Ensure the Health & Safety of employees at all times with respect to the company Health & Safety Policy
- Establish a successful working relationship with the customer, attending all relevant site meetings and recording the minutes of these
To be considered for this very exciting role you must have:
- Extensive experience in a similar role as a Site Manger within a construction sub-contractor environment ideally with experience in fabrication/architectural metalwork environment or projects
- Relevant certification such as SMSTS or SSSTS
- Experience of managing major construction projects from conception through to completion
- Strong client facing skills
- An enthusiastic and determined approach to get the job completed, to time and to budget
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, with a strong Man management style which should involve experience of disciplinary action when required.
PTS (track safety) PASMA and First Aid qualifications as well as experience of working on rail specific projects would be advantageous to your application, but certainly not essential.
Roles like this don’t come up that often, so If you feel this exciting ‘Site Manager – ‘Site Manager – Fabrication/Architectural Metalwork’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.